About the Role
* You will identify and interview prospective clients for the Ignite / Ignite Ability program and support these passionate entrepreneurs towards becoming business ready using the IGNITE business model
* You will help entrepreneurs to establish an ecosystem of support. This includes providing existing resources and establishing new links to resource networks for product development, sourcing of materials and suppliers, financial management experts and marketing and promotion.
* Work closely with the resource team, universities, micro lenders and other stakeholders/partners to provide a feasible number of business start-ups i.e. 25 businesses per 100 referrals.
* Provide information to clients on Australian Business Regu lations and work with accountants, financial managers, commercial lease experts and lawyers to ensure this information is included in client business plans
Do you have a tertiary qualification in community development, business management or similar, and hold a full NSW driver licence? Are you passionate about working with people with a disability and supporting them in making their entrepreneurial dream a reality?
We’re looking for a self motivated, highly proactive and deeply passionate individual with practical experience working with or in a small business, with knowledge of the Australian business environment, and a lived experience or awareness of the impact of disability upon individuals, families, carers and the community.
We need someone with drive and ambition; someone who can make things happen!
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
We have a benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about!
·Fortnightly Rostered Day Off (RDO) for full time staff
· Flexible working arrangements
· Generous salary packaging options – increase your take home pay!
· Dedicated staff run BeWell well-being committee, supported by our CEO
· Employee Assistance Program
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Based on the success of Ignite, SSI has tailored the model to address barriers and meet the specific needs of entrepreneurs with disability through IgniteAbility. IgniteAbility facilitates business creation for people with disability who are passio nate about establishing a small business or expanding an existing one. The program taps into an individual’s ambitions and motivations for a future of sustainable self-employment.
Apply for this Job
HOW TO APPLY
Click Apply Now to join us in making a real difference to the lives of others!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
For more information about SSI, please go to www.ssi.org.au
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close date: Wednesday 22nd November 2017
Please quote in application: Enterprise Facilitator (IgniteAbility Program) via Pro Bono Australia.