About the Role
- Lead, contribute to and impact the children’s community owned education and care sector
- Full time position with a leading not-for-profit organisation
- Flexible, family-friendly workplace with generous employment conditions
- Melbourne based
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a dynamic, forward-thinking and people-oriented individual to lead our sector peak body as Executive Director.
You will be responsible for heading up a talented team of 30 employees at this exciting period of growth and development for our organisation, ensuring the vision and strategic outcomes are delivered. This will entail high level management of the business, planning and delivery, and overall accountability for human resources and financial management. You will work under the strategic direction of the Board in a position that requires entrepreneurial initiative and drive.
You will work towards our vision of an equitable society where quality, not-for-profit community owned children’s education and care services thrive.
Creating sustainable partnerships between services, government agencies, community organisations and other stakeholder groups is a key part of this diverse and rewarding role.
This position will suit an individual with a strong mix of management and leadership capabilities coupled with business development acumen. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and enjoys working as part of a vibrant and highly engaged team.
- High level leadership skills and experience
- Extensive experience in community engagement and the development of collaborative partnerships
- A thorough knowledge of Federal and State Government policy and funding programs related to education and care services
- Demonstrated understanding of education and care legislative requirements and the National Quality Framework
- Tertiary or postgraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline (Business Management, Early Childhood Education/Social Services or similar)
- Extensive community and/or not-for-profit sector experience at executive level
- A current driver licence with access to a comprehensively insured motor vehicle
- A current Working with Children Check or equivalent
Community Child Care Association values diversity and inclusion.
Applications are particularly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, individuals from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
About the Organisation
About Community Child Care Association
Established in 1971, Community Child Care Association (CCC) is the peak body and voice of community owned and not-for-profit education and care services in Victoria. We have a growing membership base and are active across the state, providing leadership and advocacy, working with governments, and supporting services. Our heritage and reputation as a sector leader often sees us take on large projects, including the Victorian Inclusion Agency (VIA).
The Victorian Inclusion Agency delivers inclusion support services under the Australian Government’s Inclusion Support Programme (ISP). Working towards meaningful participation for all children in education and care, the VIA is delivered in partnership with Yooralla and KU Children’s Services, and has more than 50 Inclusion Professionals across 14 regional offices.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9486 3455
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.