About the Role
- Newly created role to provide strategic direction and drive organisational development
- Strengthen funding and make a difference to vulnerable people
- Lead a multidisciplinary team, based in Dubbo NSW
This is a pivotal leadership role representing WNSWCLC and directing the work of the organisation to fulfil its goals during a period of significant growth and change.
Reporting to the Management Committee, you will provide leadership, management and oversight across a range of new and existing collaborations and projects including community development and education, integrated services, community stakeholder partnerships and funder relationships.
You will evaluate WNSWCLC’s current strategy and policy framework and deliver improvements and new initiatives together with:
- Overall financial and organisational management of the Centre
- Ensuring optimum service delivery across all programs
- Identifying opportunities for and securing ongoing funding
- Managing communications, raising awareness and promoting WNSWCLC to strengthen its profile in the community
and the sector
- Managing key stakeholder relationships
- Compliance with all legal practice and community legal centre membership and accreditation requirements
- Flexible, supportive and collaborative workplace
- Attractive salary package and benefits including additional paid leave over Christmas
- Assistance with relocation if required
You are forward thinking and strategic with an understanding of legal practices and legal systems and you can demonstrate:
- A strong commitment to social justice
- Experience identifying organisational and/or sector development needs and opportunities, and devising and driving strategies to address these needs
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with government, funding bodies and other key stakeholders
- Proven success sourcing and securing funding
- Experience with the development and implementation of policies, standards and accreditation
- Proven ability to manage people and performance
- Understanding of the issues affecting people experiencing economic, social, cultural and geographic disadvantage
About the Organisation
Western NSW Community Legal Centre (WNSWCLC) is a not for profit non-government organisation providing free, accessible, high quality legal and non-legal holistic services for disadvantaged people across the Orana and Western regions of the state. WNSWCLC also provides a dedicated domestic violence legal and casework service to female victims of family and domestic violence.
WNSWCLC promotes access to justice:
- For people within its region who are disadvantaged by their social, cultural and economic circumstances
- By conducting law reform and community legal education
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.