About the Role
The Western Sydney Family Referral Service (WSFRS) is a specialised program funded by the NSW Department of Health, and is part of the Keep Them Safe initiative designed to support children, young people and their families. Exciting opportunity currently exists for an experienced Family Advisor to join the growing service based at Mt Druitt and Rouse Hill providing services to 8 LGAs from Auburn to Katoomba. Family Advisors may also be required to work independently from schools or other community centres in the region.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing professional telephone and face-to-face client services including: engaging clients providing needs assessments referral to appropriate services case management client advocacy
- Conducting home visits to families to provide practical and motivating support
- Participating in community events and interagency meetings
- Being part of a tight-knit dedicated team of Family Advisors who deliver quality services to vulnerable children, young people and their families
This is a fixed term, maternity leave contract position until 29 June 2018, working full time.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree or diploma in social work, counselling, psychology, welfare or health related services;
- Experience in the human services environment in working directly with clients, (families and children) who may be experiencing significant crises, domestic violence or family transitions;
- Demonstrable skills in client assessment, engagement and awareness of issues relating to client safety, confidentiality and the requirements of relevant legislation (including Child Protection and Family Law);
- Proficiency in the use of IT for data entry and record keeping and communication;
- Excellent written / verbal skills – a basic level of counselling skills will be well regarded;
- Current Driver’s Licence.
About the Organisation
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
Apply for this Job
For more information about the role and details on how to apply, click on the link below:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON SUNDAY 26 NOVEMBER 2017, 9.30PM
RANSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Australia's First Nations people are encouraged to apply. Through our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), we aim to drive greater equality by practical actions to build strong relationships, increased employment opportunities, and enhanced respect between First Nations peoples and other Australians. RANSW's RAP can be found on our website at www.nsw.relationships.com.au/RAP
RANSW recognises the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We work hard to promote a supportive work environment and we have a strong focus on professional development. We offer a range of benefits including salary packaging with significant tax-free benefits.
Please quote in application: Family Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.