About the Role
- Leadership role based in the beautiful Northern Territories of Australia, well paid and accommodation is covered too!
- A unique opportunity to develop a remote community through the management of work schemes for the locals
- Act as an inspirational leader and use your experience within Community Development Programs
This is an extremely exciting opportunity where you will be challenged daily, but you will also be able to see the fruits of your labour as you support and advance the Maningrida community.
No two days will be the same, but the core component of this role will be running the Community Development Program Contract. On top of your daily responsibilities, the role will also involve managing:
- Night Patrol to get the kids home safe from school and community events
- Financial counselling and advisory services
- A Remote School Attendance Strategy
- 5 Direct Reports, who have up to 85 staff beneath them, who include all manner of Community Support Officers
- You will have over 7 years of executive level experience in Employment Services, this is a great opportunity for you to use your in depth knowledge of the Community Development Program
- A strong background in working within Government compliance frameworks, especially in matters relating to Employment Schemes for Remote Communities in Australia
- Financial background in working with complex budgets and developing funding proposals
- Good skills with Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Very strong People Management skills
- Experience living in a Remote Community would be ideal
- In return for your efforts you will be remunerated with a competitive base salary, generous salary sacrifice, 6 weeks annual leave and free accommodation.
About the Organisation
Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation is a large and complex community based organisation providing services to 32 homelands in the Maningrida region.
Bawinanga administers some 30 grants and manages a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing maintenance and construction, Civil Works, the Babbarra Women’s Centre, a land and se Ranger program, the Barlmarrk Supermarket and fuel supplies, Mechanical Workshops, a significant Art and Culture Centre, Night Patrol, Employment Services (CDP) and Money Management Services. Bawinanga’s mission is to improve the lifestyle of people on homelands by caring for country, preserving language and culture through the delivery of services to improve housing, health,
education and roads.
We are on the hunt for an inspirational leader to join our team as the General Manager of Community Services.
Apply for this Job
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking forward to for 2018.
To apply for this job go to:
Applications close 15 December 2017
Please quote in application: General Manager of Community Services via Pro Bono Australia.