About the Role
The GSANZ Women’s Research, Advocacy and Policy (WRAP) Centre drives innovation and provides knowledge leadership to the Good Shepherd network, internally and externally, to gain policy influence, support program development, and build organisational capability.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong people leader to oversee a passionate team of specialists dedicated to the GSANZ mission through: undertaking research, developing high levels of policy expertise (including in policy implementation), building collaborations, identifying specific high priority needs of clients, supporting the design of policy and program solutions, and managing service evaluations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight of the organisations systemic and structural advocacy, tracking the Centre’s progress against strategic and operational goals and plans. You will have experience and demonstrated success in creating and maintaining networks, partnerships and relationships with tertiary and research institutions, student practicums, other community service organisations and government for research and policy influence.
You will be responsible for the Centre’s continued success in hosting events that build knowledge of best practice in policy and services to break the cycle of disadvantage for women and girls.
The successful candidate will have:
• Tertiary level qualifications (minimum post-graduate qualification or equivalent) in a relevant professional practice area
• Demonstrated commitment to social justice and gender equity, and alignment with the values and mission of GSANZ
• Demonstrated, high level experience in public and social policy analysis and development
• Demonstrated success in project management and undertaking high quality social research and evaluation
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team, including the provision of supervision and support to team members
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including advocacy, negotiation and presentation skills, problem solving, and preparation of written reports and documents
• Demonstrated experience in managing budgets and maintaining program documentation and reporting
GSANZ is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to staff wellbeing. We provide ongoing professional development for staff, encourage flexible working arrangements amongst other benefits. This role offers competitive package and benefits.
About the Organisation
Our areas of expertise are, safety and resilience, educational pathways and financial security.
Apply for this Job
Too apply please review the position description and email a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and expertise along with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close COB Sunday 26 November 2017.
For further information please contact Dr Annie Pettitt, General Manager, Advocacy & Strategic Partnerships: email@example.com
Good Shepherd is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment Working with Children Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia. GSANZ is an equal opportunity employer, people who identify as Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander or other diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Head of Women’s Research, Advocacy and Policy (WRAP) Centre via Pro Bono Australia.