About the Role
We need a skilled health promotion professional to work with the Policy Research and Education Manager to deliver our national health promotion communication strategy that incorporates our communications and education objectives online and in print.
HFA has two successful websites – the main website for the organisation, www.haemophilia.org.au, and an interactive web site developed for and by young people, www.factored.org.au. HFA has an established and increasing social media profile with great development opportunities for health promotion, education, and connecting with community members. HFA also produces a range of high quality information and education resources in print.
The role of the Health Promotion Officer is to:
• work collaboratively with the HFA education team, our state member organisations and other key stakeholders to develop and implement a national health promotion communication strategy that takes into account HFA’s goals and responsibilities, capacity and sustainability
• work with the HFA Policy Research and Education Manager to develop, implement and evaluate HFA’s priority health promotion campaigns for the Australian bleeding disorders community, including those targeted at young people, women, living with HIV and/or hepatitis C, recording home therapy, and ageing
• develop, implement and evaluate HFA’s youth strategy, including youth leadership and mentoring programs
• organise and facilitate workshops with community members to develop peer education and support strategies and on other health promotion issues, as required
• contribute to the engagement of the community through the development of our social media, web based and other digital communications
• help develop policies and processes for social media moderation and management, including training and coaching of staff and volunteers
• develop and promote online and print information and education resources, including resources targeted at young people
• contribute to HFA’s health policy research
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0398857800
Email : SOCallaghan@haemophilia.org.au
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: HEALTH PROMOTION OFFICER via Pro Bono Australia.