About the Role
- Leading union voice in campaigning for quality public education
- Influence and drive positive impact for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- This role would suit a candidate with a background in education and community engagement
As the Indigenous Education Officer, your role is to advocate quality teaching and learning for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through research and engaging with a broad range of stakeholders including the community, members, government, industry organisations and the education sector.
In this role you will;
- Develop strategies to increase member participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Research and advocate issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander teachers and students
- Develop and nurture relationships with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community including members, non-members and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the objectives, policies and campaigns to improve teaching and learning for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander members and students
To be successful for this position, you will have a track record engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and an understanding of issues within the education sector.
Your collaborative style assists you in developing strong networks and relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
You will also have a high level of written communication skills and research capability to analyse issues and provide strategic advice specifically for the purposes of advocacy, social change or campaigning.
Relevant tertiary qualifications are essential.
About the Organisation
The Australian Education Union (AEU) is the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education.
The AEU is proud to represent workers who have one of the most important jobs in the country. With over 185,000 members nationally, the AEU provides support both industrially and professionally and advocates for quality public education for all Australians.
The AEU campaigns and lobbies for fairer funding and resourcing for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from pre to post school education.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Indigenous Education Officer via Pro Bono Australia.