About the Role
- Fantastic opportunity to work within a leading conservation organisation
- Exceptional location in our Melbourne CBD office
- Permanent full time position
About the role:
This exciting role oversees and implements our media and communications program that successfully profiles Bush Heritage programs, people and projects. The Media & Communications Officer will be a dynamic, driven and strong relationship builder and able to prioritise competing tasks for strategic outcomes.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Demonstrated experience implementing successful media programs;
- Well-developed news sense for what makes a great story, and able to convey complex concepts in a compelling and accessible way;
- Strong organisational and planning skills including commissioning photo and video shoots, co-ordinating all stages of the briefing and production process;
- Superior communication and writing skills;
- Keen interest in social media and content creation; and
- A willingness to travel to remote locations in Australia is essential to undertake media trips.
About the Organisation
Bush Heritage Australia is a national leader in landscape-scale conservation. Independent and evidence-based, we work where we are needed most: in areas of high conservation value with low levels of protection. We protect and help manage 6.2 million hectares of land, providing habitat for over 5800 native species, including at least 235 threatened species. We have two proven approaches to what we do: we carefully select, purchase and manage landscapes of high conservation value; and we work in partnership with others, including Traditional Owners, to achieve conservation outcomes.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Media & Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.