About the Role
About the role:
The purpose of the role is to work with the Executive team members to proactively develop policy positions on regulatory issues relevant to the community broadcasting sector, in response to current and projected concerns.
The Policy Officer will be responsible for driving positive and sustainable policy change to champion the community broadcasting sector via the influencing of the external policy environment.
The role primarily works with the Executive team and external contacts such as regulatory bodies, government, consultants, industry associations and internal staff.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- To lead on the development of community broadcasting policy, as per the priority areas contained within CBAA’s strategic plan and under the direction of Executive team members.
- Providing guidance and support to CBAA in determining and recognising future policy needs for the community broadcasting sector.
- Develop information resources and new policy positions in response to policy concerns through the gathering of feedback from subscribers, members and staff.
- Outline the need for policy changes for the community broadcasting sector through the development and delivery of briefings and presentations to regulators, government contacts, members and subscribers.
- Preparing and drafting submissions and policy position papers for government and sector regulators.
- Developing CBAA’s relationship with assigned stakeholders and influencing these to drive sector reform and change.
- To represent CBAA at assigned events and speaking engagements to drive the message of policy change and or CBAA’s policy position.
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant degree in social policy, law, broadcasting or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret complex legislation and information.
- Experience of advocacy work at a national level.
- Proven understanding of the wider economic and political landscape, as well as familiarity with community broadcasting operation and issues in Australia e.g. diversity of the community broadcasting sector including radio and television and their rural and remote demographics.
- Experience in a similar policy officer role.
About the Organisation
The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) is a non-profit national peak body and lead representative organisation for community broadcasting services around Australia.
The CBAA provides leadership, advocacy and support for its members to actively build capabilities of independent broadcasting services and create a healthy environment for the sector to thrive.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9310 2999
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy Officer via Pro Bono Australia.