About the Role
Part Time (0.8) opportunity, Fixed Term until June 2019 based in Launceston, TAS
- Join our iconic not-for-profit organisation & drive real change!
- Excellent professional development & learning opportunities
- Salary packaging and other benefits + competitive salary
You have strong values and ethics of professionalism, inclusion and access. You possess a keen interest in how mental health issues impacts on families and the community. You are invested in supporting families and people living with mental health issues, autism and disability, with a strong understanding of the key role families often play in supporting people with mental health issues and ensuring access to appropriate services.
Experienced in the Mental Health sector, your knowledge base is thorough and extensive, especially when it comes to the areas of family support programs within the Mental Health sector and community based organisations.
You know how to work in an inclusive, respectful and open way. You have the ability to create and develop positive linkages & establish effective partnerships with the community & other key stakeholders as well as, engage participants in the planning, delivery, development,
monitoring and evaluation of services.
What do you need?
- Relevant skills and experience in working with families who are impacted by mental health issues and may need assistance to navigate the changing service sector, with a focus on the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Demonstrated capacity to engage with families in a strengths focused way and work with them within a model intended to build their capacity to manage their own lives.
- A diploma level qualification or above and the capacity to demonstrate your skills and experience.
- Knowledge of the issues experienced by people with a mental health issues, their families and carers, with the capacity to deliver services that assist them to increase their capacity to manage these issues.
- A strong understanding of NDIS and it’s processes with a commitment to increasing the social inclusion opportunities of people living with a mental illness and their carers.
In exchange for your hard work, though, the rewards will be great. That competitive salary will be yours, along with enviable options for salary packaging. But that’s not what you’re here for. At the end of the day, your greatest reward will be the knowledge that you’ve served on the front lines, contributing to the lives of countless Australians. You’ve stopped them from slipping through the cracks.
About the Organisation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
The Family Services Program will work with family members and informal carers to address key development areas that support the long term needs of both themselves and the person they care for. A key outcome will be to assist family members and carers of a person who is eligible for NDIS supports, to access the NDIS. This involves supporting the family and carers to recognize their own experiences and feel ownership of their journey, whilst providing appropriate and intentional support to the person being cared for. The Family Service delivery model offers face to face support for carers, advocacy for the individual or the family, peer facilitated education, supporting specialist linkages with other services, coping strategies for carers and families, volunteer support networks and support with transition to NDIS services.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Worker – Family Services via Pro Bono Australia.