About the Role
- Ideal opportunity to work with young people disengaged from mainstream school education
- Are you passionate about helping young people in their senior years of education to reach their full potential?
- Collaborate and build rapport with like-minded staff members across our network
We have an opportunity for a talented Teacher to join St Joseph’s Catholic Flexible Learning Centre – Alice Springs, in 2018. An important focus is on Literacy and Numeracy, as well as providing programs linked to the Australian Curriculum.
In particular, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering learning programs for young people in their middle and senior secondary school years.
- Developing flexible approaches to engage young people to achieve education and wellbeing outcomes.
About our environment:
This is not a traditional school environment. You’ll work closely with our Young People delivering flexible curriculum plans that support them to achieve their personal learning plans. In the classroom, you will work collaboratively with a Youth Worker.
Our ideal candidate is a tertiary qualified, secondary Teacher, with practical experience. Highly desirable – a Cert 4 in Training and Assessment.
You’ll receive training in the Youth+ Practice Framework which aims to give young people their voice and agency by creating “Common Ground” through a commitment to our principles of Respect, Safe & Legal, Honesty and Participation.
Patience, empathy and understanding are essential ingredients to succeed in this role, as is your ability to work with like-minded staff to collaborate, in the best interests of our young people.
About the Organisation
EREA Youth+ seeks to respond to the needs of young people disenfranchised and disengaged from mainstream education. We provide a place and an opportunity to re-engage in a suitable, flexible learning environment.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Qualified Secondary Teacher via Pro Bono Australia.