About the Role
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Community Engagement works alongside of SSI programs to ensure that community groups and organisations are informed and meaningfully engaged to play a role in the settlement of refugees. The Community Engagement unit also works to ensure that the voice of refugees is shared in local communities so that stories of hope, resilience and contribution to community are embraced.
ABOUT THE POSITION
In a regional setting, the Regional Community Engagement Coordinator will co-design and lead SSI’s regional engagement strategy. This position will operate with a detailed understanding of SSI’s programs and stakeholders across regional NSW. The Regional Community Engagement Coordinator will establish and maintain strategic relationships across NSW and develop a detailed understanding of the unique aspects of NSW’s regional communities, economic opportunities and socio-cultural demography.
We’re offering a 12 month contract with possibility of extension. This role will be based in Ashfield with regular travel around regional NSW.
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement across regional NSW
- Share information with regional communities about refugee experiences, cultures and communities as well as factors contributing to successful settlement
- Map regional centres of NSW and develop a profile of regional communities
- Facilitate tours of regional NSW for migrant communities and community leaders
- Offer information and capacity development strategies for mainstream services in regional communities so that they can best support and engage with migrant community members
- Liaise with SSI’s program managers to establish a profile of migrant communities who may be interested in regional secondary re-settlement
Are you passionate about helping others, and have previous experience engaging communities in the settlement sector? Do you have previous experience in leading strategies and hold qualifications in Social Science, Social Work or similar?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Your commitment and hard work will be rewarded with a benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about!
- Fortnightly Rostered Day Off (RDO) for full time staff
- Flexible working arrangements – start and finish times can be flexible to accommodate your personal or family commitments.
- Generous salary packaging options – increase your take home pay!
- Dedicated staff run BeWell well-being committee, supported by our CEO
- Employee Assistance Program
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Regional Community Engagement Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.