About the Role
You will be responsible for generating descriptive, diagnostic and predictive reports and insights to support the University’s advancement programs. These insights and reports are utilised by the business to profile and segment alumni and donors, measure the performance of past program activity and assess the feasibility of future activity.
Playing a key role in the Advancement analytics lifecycle, you will ensure information, reports and insight are delivered in the most effective manner.
Your responsibilities will include developing and utilising data amalgamation and enrichment techniques to perform deep dive analytics; and you will be required to provide consultation and advisory services in order to achieve complex market segmentation outcomes.
Experience and skills required
You possess Master practitioner level experience in data querying and manipulation, particularly with data pertaining to stakeholder engagement, using languages, such as SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL within an Oracle environment. You also have:
- working knowledge and experience in business intelligence (BI) reporting (Microsoft BI, COGNOS, Oracle BI etc), and data visualisations using Power BI, Tableau or R;
- Practitioner level experience in business requirements analysis and designing outcomes to meet business objectives; and
- experience in user acceptance testing and data auditing.
Experience in the not-for-profit sector, particularly in fund raising, will be highly regarded, as will
- knowledge and understanding of MS SQL Server Integration Services and Analysis Services;
- understanding of data warehousing and data lake concepts; and
- demonstrable experience in predictive analytics, and understanding of the CRISP-DM framework.
About the Organisation
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 university in Australia and among the leading universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education and numerous other world reputational rankings. With a tradition of excellence in teaching and research, it is at the forefront of higher education in the Asia-Pacific region and internationally.
The University of Melbourne's Advancement Office fosters and maximises mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Reporting Analyst, Advancement Office via Pro Bono Australia.