About the Role
$82,602 Full time equivalent ($66,081 for 0.8 FTE) + Superannuation
Applications close 5pm Sunday 14 January 2018
Start the new year with a rewarding new job!
An opportunity has arisen within a fast paced, student focused organisation. Your skills in; volunteer management, mentoring, student/community engagement and program administration will be utilised to assist and support RMIT students and the varied RUSU volunteer programs.
The RUSU Volunteer Program is professionally run in accordance with the National Standards on Volunteering. We have around 250 active registered volunteers contributing around 3,000 volunteer hours per year. Our program is diverse, with RUSU volunteers engaged in; Activities & Events, Realfoods Café, Student Rights, Compass Welfare Drop in Centre, Healthy Breakfast Program, Administration and more…
This is a part time role working 4 days per week (Monday – Thursday), based at RMIT City Campus. This is a temporary contract from January 2018 to mid-September 2018.
Applicants MUST have a tertiary degree with at least two years 2 years’ experience working with and resourcing volunteers to be considered for this position.
Advice to applicants:
Applications close 5pm Sunday 14 January
All applications should be sent via email to email@example.com by the closing date.
The successful applicant will be required to hold a Current Working with Children Check
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in Australia/New Zealand.
Late applications will not be accepted.
For applications to be considered they MUST include:
– a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with 2 referees, and
– a letter specifically addressing the selection criteria (from page 6 of the Position Description).
For further details and to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9925 1842 and ask for Andrei or Shiba.
About the Organisation
The RMIT University Student Union (RUSU) is the representative body of around 65,000 RMIT University students and is an independent organization from RMIT University. RUSU has an annual operating budget of over $4 million and employs over 20 paid staff members and 12student casuals. It is governed by 26 elected student office bearers, most of who receive an honorarium. RUSU’s main offices are located in the CBD; however, we operate offices and provide services on outlying campuses in Bundoora and Brunswick. RUSU represents students’ interests and undertakes a vast range of activities that enhance and foster an active and informed student life on campus.
This is done through:
• The provision of student information and referral services.
• Undertaking campaigns, education and training programs, forums and workshops, including the promotion of student welfare and advocacy and student complaint resolution.
• Providing a diverse range of social and cultural activities, such as Orientation, lunchtime and night time activities.
• Coordinating a wide range of student clubs and offering a variety of accredited training courses.
• Providing a professional accredited volunteer program for RMIT students.
• Operating RUSU Realfoods –vegetarian and vegan, organic and fairtrade cafes.
• Producing a number of student publications, operating a TV production house and maintaining a website/social media presence.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9925 1482
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Student Engagement Officer -RMIT University Student Union via Pro Bono Australia.