About the Role
Position: SUPPORTER RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Location: Office is in Creswick. Flexible work hours and location available
Organisation: Macpherson Smith Rural Foundation Ltd (MSRF)
Work type: Part-time (0.5) for one year with possibility of extension
Salary type: Annual package
About the role:
Here is a great opportunity to contribute to rural Victoria and its young people and play an integral part in the next stage of the development of a dynamic and growing organisation.
The Supporter Relationships Coordinator (SRC) is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships between MSRF and its supporters (including, donors, funders, partners, sponsors, volunteers and alumni). You will work with the CEO to ensure the success of MSRF through liaising with our existing supporters, building our profile and developing and growing opportunities to increase our supporter and revenue base.
Who are you?
– You have strong marketing, fundraising and stakeholder engagement experience
– You are passionate about supporting rural communities and young people
– You are committed to and skilled in building strong relationships
– You are experienced in developing and managing supporter relationships in the not-for-profit / for purpose sector
– You are creative, dynamic, flexible and a natural problem solver
– You are a competent user of technology and contemporary ways of marketing, informing and fundraising
– You are happy to roll up your sleeves and work independently and in a small team.
What we would like you to do:
– Work with the CEO to implement the new Business and Marketing plan
– Connect with donors, partners, sponsors and build and maintain strong relationships and increase our revenue streams
– Create and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, donors and supporters
– Source new corporate partnerships and nurture current opportunities
– Manage our supporter database
– Arrange reporting to donors
– Work with the CEO on grant applications and acquittals
– Build a strong network of supporters of MSRF
Apply for this job:
For details concerning this role please contact Dr Maryann Brown, CEO
Some of the key selection criteria:
• Required: formal tertiary qualifications in marketing, fundraising or similar
• Required: Experience in marketing, fundraising and stakeholder engagement
• Experience of and commitment to rural communities and young people
• Demonstrated ability to build strong supporter relationships, achieve targets, manage budgets and write reports.
• Dynamic, positive, flexible ‘can-do’ attitude
• Excellent communication and technical skills and a willingness to work individually and as part of a team
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working With Children Check and Police Check prior to starting in the role
Please supply CV and address all Selection Criteria in your application and email to email@example.com – with Supporter Relations Coordinator- Your name in the subject line. Closing date: 4th December 2017.
About the Organisation
We are a dynamic organisation with a broad reach in rural Victoria. We support young people through scholarships to assist university study, vocational training and apprenticeships. We provide transition mentors to support young people if they have to move away from home to study and career mentors later on. We build capacity in rural young people and their communities through our Young Rural Leaders program and Alumni network. We are at an exciting time in our development and we have big plans for the future.
Our small team is supported by a large group of alumni volunteers. We offer an engaging and flexible work environment and your contribution will be integral to our success.
Macpherson Smith Rural Foundation was established in 2008 by a generous grant from the Helen Macpherson Smith Trust. Over the last decade we have connected with hundreds of young people from across Victoria. Our programs are designed by young people for young people and we are known for the wrap-around care we provide for rural young people.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Dr Maryann Brown
Phone : 0439463333
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Supporter Relations Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.