About the Role
Part time @ 0.8 EFT, ongoing
Based in Footscray
We are delighted that you’re taking an interest in working for cohealth. cohealth is a values driven organisation at the forefront of multi-disciplinary team based community care. If you are looking for an opportunity to work closely with the local community and are committed to providing support and assistance to those who require it – then this is the place for you!
cohealth’s Victims Assistance Program (VAP) offers specialist responses to victims of violent crime including intake and brief intervention, case management, (brokered) counselling services, and community education. Practice is evidence based, traumainformed and client-focussed. VAP staff work across multiple locations and police colocations in Melbourne’s west comprising of Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Melton, Hobsons Bay and Wyndham. Within this role you will work in close collaboration with the leadership group providing strong and responsive leadership across all aspects and locations of the VAP program.
Our Intake and Brief Response Team Leader is responsible for:
- All aspects of the operational leadership and management of the VAP Intake and Brief Response function;
- Providing site leadership when required;
- Contributing positively to the leadership and culture of the VAP program as a whole;
- Contributing to VAP planning and developmental work including, from time to time, leading developmental projects;
- Representing VAP in local forums and contributing to partnership efforts; and
- Building pathways and collegiate relationships between VAP and other cohealth services and professional practice
We’re seeking a suitably qualified and experience Team Leader with:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a service delivery area relevant to VAP and eligibility for registration with the appropriate professional body;
- Experience in the provision of practice supervision to staff working with clients with complex needs or who have experienced trauma and/or who are victims of crime;
- Demonstrated commitment to evidence based practice and continuous quality improvement; and
- Personal attributes including flexibility, initiative, professionalism, integrity, attention to detail, a focus on positive outcomes, self-awareness and the ability to selfregulate
during difficult situations;
- Strong cultural competency skills and understanding, including high level verbal, written and administrative skills;
- Most importantly; you’ll be someone who closely aligns with
our organisational values.
There are many perks to being a cohealth employee including excellent working hours, being eligible for more than $15 000 worth of salary packaging, opportunities to attend quality staff development, progression opportunities and the chance to lead a passionate, collegial team as dedicated as you are.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
We want to get to know you better, so please include in your application a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria contained within the attached Position
Applications close on 3rd December
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services
To apply for this job go to: www.cohealthcareers.org.au/Jobs/ & enter ref code:
Internal Reference P0044
Please quote in application: Team Leader – VAP Intake and Brief Response via Pro Bono Australia.