About the Role
This is a great opportunity for an Administration Officer to work for a value driven organisation that contributes to multiculturalism, stands up for social justice issues and supports ethnic community broadcasters around Australia. www.nembc.org.au
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9486 9549
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
People from a non-English speaking background are encouraged to apply.
To apply applicants must follow the guidelines mentioned below in ‘How to Apply to For This Position and Answer the Key Selection Criteria ’. Applicants that don’t submit applications as stated below may not be considered.
For further information please refer to www.nembc.org.au
$50,00 per annum, plus 9% superannuation
a) Provide administrative, operational and research support to the NEMBC Executive Officer and the NEMBC Executive Committee.
b) Provide assistance to the Youth and Womens Committees.
c) Organise the NEMBC office including: use of a range of computer software, maintaining databases, updating websites and using electronic forms of communication.
d) Work on office finances and liaise with the organisation’s part-time book keeper.
e) Organise Committee meetings and keep records of travel, accommodation and reimbursement of expenses.
f) Assist with the organization of the national conference each year (held in different states).
g) Responsible for coordinating the production of the NEMBC’s quarterly journal, The Ethnic Broadcaster, including commissioning contributions, sub-editing, layout and printing.
h) Oversee and maintain the NEMBC national database.
i) Preparation and checking reports and documents for accuracy.
In your application please answer these Key Selection Criteria - essential and desirable below.
1. Key Selection Criteria
1. Proven experience working in an administration or operational role.
2. Proven office organisational skills and file management skills.
3. Demonstrated high computer literacy: particularly with programs in Microsoft Office.
4. Demonstrated experience working in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment showing sensitivity to people from non-English speaking backgrounds.
5. Understanding of and ability to work with policies and procedures of an organisation.
6. Well developed writing skills.
7. Good personal skills such as: communication; teamwork; self motivation and demonstrates initiative and pays attention to detail.
8. Understanding of computer software programs that deal with databases and graphic layout such as Microsoft Access or In-Design.
9. Knowledge of or experience in the community broadcasting sector.
Responsible to the NEMBC Executive Committee, through the Executive Officer.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION:
The following information is to assist you to apply for the position.
YOU MUST ADDRESS ALL THE KEY SELECTION CRITERIA (KSC) - (ESSENTIAL and DESIRABLE from 1 to 9). EACH POINT OF THE KSC MUST BE ADDRESSED ONE BY ONE IN A PARAGRAPH OR TWO AND A RECENT RESUME INCLUDED IN THE APPLCIATION.
THE ANSWERS TO THE KSC SHOULD BE PUT BEFORE THE RESUME IN THE APPLICATION.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS THAT DON’T ADDRESS THE KSC MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please quote in application: Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.