About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to play a vital role in supporting the Executive Director and the Shared Value Project team as our organisation grows. Join our small dynamic team and be part of the shared value movement, changing the role of business in society in the region.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Status: Part time 0.6 FTE (22.5 hours per week)
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Managing the day to day logistics associated with the SVP office including maintenance of processes, systems and equipment.
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director and the SVP team including diary management and travel coordination.
- Providing basic bookkeeping and database management.
- This position requires the ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with the Executive Director, SVP staff and others to support the operations of the organisation.
- Manage the day to day logistics associated with the SVP office including maintenance of processes, systems and equipment;
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, including diary management and travel coordination;
- Manage logistics with regard to board meetings, advisory board meetings and other internal and external meetings;
- Provide basic bookkeeping support, including monthly accounts payable and receivable in our Xero online accounting system;
- Assist with managing our online database and ensuring contact details are up to date;
- Assist with event logistics, business development, membership support and other administrative duties as required.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the organisation and participate in strategy and planning sessions.
- Support the SVP team in delivery of its calendar of programs and events.
- When required, represent the Shared Value Project at meetings, workshops, training sessions, promotional events, media engagements, and industry functions.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team and engage with a range of stakeholders including members and boards.
Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or a minimum 5 years of experience in an administrative support role in a corporate or not for profit environment.
Excellent customer service ethic and high level attention to detail.
Strong organisational and time management skills.
Facilitate effective use of the Executive Director’s time and ensure effective communication flow with the team.
Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint or mac equivalent.
Experience with Xero online accounting package and using database systems.
Ability to use initiative and utilise discretion when dealing with sensitive materials.
Willingness to travel interstate to support the delivery of SVP events.
Australian citizen / permanent resident only.
Experience of a member or peak body organisation in a corporate or not for profit environment.
Basic understanding of the shared value concept and how it differs from corporate philanthropy and traditional CSR.
For full details and the key selection criteria please download the complete position description.
About the Organisation
The Shared Value Project is the peak practice body for shared value in Australasia, and the exclusive regional partner of the Shared Value Initiative. We drive adoption and implementation of shared value strategies among leading companies, civil society and government organisations by providing thought leadership, knowledge and networks.
Through our program of workshops, training and events we encourage individuals, organisations and change agents to view the creation of social value as a major competitive advantage, a driver of innovation, and foundation for long-term economic prosperity.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Administrative Assistant (Part-time) via Pro Bono Australia.