About the Role
- Based in Armidale
- 12 month contract
- Flexible working hours & fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO)
- Support clients through individual crises via crisis management principles, information provision and referrals to specific support services
- Conduct comprehensive needs assessments and develop case management plans to empower clients to overcome barriers to settlement goals
- Case management activities, including service co-ordination, advocacy, case conferences and liaison with other support services and agencies and ongoing support of clients and families with highly complex needs
- Maintaining professional and up to date case notes and monitoring service provision via internal databases and external IT system
- Develop relationships with external service providers, including specialist health services and the NDIA, as well as contributing fully to internal SSI teams
Are you passionate about working with refugees and humanitarian entrants and you have a Diploma in Community Services? Do you have experience providing case management support to clients during their initial settlement in Australia? Have you worked with clients from a culturally and linguistically diverse background and have demonstrated experience in meeting KPIs despite competing demands and time restrictions? Fluency in Arabic language is highly desired but not essential.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please address the above criteria in your cover letter and upload/attach your resume and cover letter as ONE document.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities. We have a fantastic benefits p ackage that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability. We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
About the Organisation
ABOUT THE HUMANITARIAN SETTLEMENT PROGRAM
The Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) builds skills and knowledge for the social and economic wellbeing of humanitarian entrants through needs-based case management. SSI delivers the program in Sydney and regional NSW, supporting refugees and humanitarian entrants to settle quickly, successfully adjust to the changes in their lives, and identify and work towards their education and employment goals. All HSP clients are placed in Tiers based on complexity and service need. Specialised and Intensive Services Case Managers provide case management support to clients placed in Tier 1&2.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager (Tiers 1&2) via Pro Bono Australia.