About the Role
We are delighted to advertise this newly created role which will assist Unity to improve tenancy and social outcomes for our tenants. This management role will oversee a small team of staff responsible for the provision of tenant engagement, community development and related services as well as develop Unity’s commitment in this important strategic objective.
This challenging and rewarding opportunity requires a highly motivated, results oriented manager who will have the hands-on responsibility for service delivery and the autonomy to develop and implement strategic growth and change. As an integral member of the leadership team the Community Development Manager will contribute to the development and delivery of robust responses in both metropolitan and regional areas.
This position calls for a skilled manager who can energise and motivate a team, is dynamic and innovative and can confidently lead the team through future growth and associated changes. An experienced community development and people manager you will have a proven track record of achieving outcomes and delivering excellent customer service against established KPI’s and in line with business expectations and strategic directions.
Essential candidate requirements:
The successful candidate is required to demonstrate experience in the following key criteria:
- Relevant professional qualifications combined with significant hands on management experience in community development and stakeholder engagement.
- Experienced leader with the proven ability to manage and coach staff through change and growth, ideally with formal qualifications in a relevant field and/or professional recognition.
- Experience working with and empathy for people with multiple and complex needs such as; housing instability, homelessness, mental health, disability, ageing and low income issues
- Proven ability in grant capture and management of funding against plans.
- Prior leadership and demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative evidence-based community programs with a commitment to Asset Based Community Development.
About the Organisation
Unity Housing Company Ltd (Unity) is the largest single provider of low cost community housing in South Australia. We are a values based organisation and specialise in the provision of housing and accommodation for people on low incomes, who are ageing, living with a disability or experiencing homelessness in S.A.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (08) 8237 8715
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.