About the Role
Participate Australia is seeking individuals who are compassionate, driven, energetic and motivated to enhance the lives of those living with a disability. We are searching for staff keen to assist our participants in achieving their individual goals and reaching their potential.
Applicants are required to address the following selection criteria:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of problem solving abilities
• Have a strong commitment to enhancing the lives of people with disabilities and their families
• Respect and value the inherent worth and needs of Participate Australia participants, staff and volunteers based upon the principles of trust, fairness, equality and ethical action
• An ability to perform both in a team environment and independently
• Experience is beneficial but not essential as we are seeking individuals who have the right values, motivation and commitment
• Current First Aid qualification (valid within 3 years)
• Current Working with Children Check
• Current Police check (valid within 2 years)
• Current NSW full driver licence
• Good, consistent and reliable availability with flexible attitude to work hours and willingness to do wake shifts
• To be able to provide a high standard of personal care
• A willingness to undertake continuing professional development as appropriate
• A strong understanding of privacy and confidentiality principles
• Capacity to work with challenging behaviours, including behaviour management plans and complex support needs
• 18 months of experience in a similar role (aged care, community /social service etc)
• Epilepsy training
• Ability to speak a language other than English
• A comprehensively insured vehicle
• Experience with hoist transfer and equipment
• Knowledge and application of safe manual handling practices
• Tertiary qualifications in Disability, Social Science or related disciplines
About the Organisation
Participate Australia has a history of developing innovative "independence programs" with the people we support, which foster greater autonomy and nurture community engagement.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Reena Ashok Kumar
Phone : 0297994333
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Disability Support Worker/Social Educator via Pro Bono Australia.