About the Role
• Part-time role (0.6 FTE)
• East Melbourne location
We are looking for a quietly confident part-time Executive Officer with an interest in sustainability in the residential building industry, who has initiative and self-drive to provide support to executive level management as well as deliver operational administration requirements. This person will be pragmatic and ideally have solid association management experience.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will provide a range of secretariat and administration services to ensure the Association meets its obligations as an approved Nationwide Home Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS) Assessor Accrediting Organisation (AAO).
Key responsibilities include :
• Act as the point of contact for all matters relating to NatHERS and TPAs.
• Provide secretariat support to two subcommittees including active participation and reporting in meetings.
• Prepare, manage and review the provision of communications and correspondence including briefings, reports, submissions and notes.
• Liaise with external stakeholders including but not limited to NatHERS Administrator, State/Territory Regulators, Software Providers, Registered Training Organisations and Suppliers/Manufacturers.
• Provide advice to existing and potential members in regard to NatHERS and BDAV’s role as an AAO.
• Facilitate and monitor the TPA help desk, ensuring timely response to administrative queries and escalating technical queries.
• Administering and monitoring the annual TPA accreditation renewal process.
• Administering and monitoring the TPA quality assurance activities – audits, complaints handling, insurance monitoring.
• Monthly internal reporting on TPA activities and preparation of the NatHERS AAO Annual Report.
• Evaluation of all administrative practices, systems and procedures to optimise efficiency and support the achievement of quality outcomes.
To be successful in this position you will require (key selection criteria):
• Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline or demonstrated relevant experience.
• A minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Officer ideally in a not-for-profit/membership association or similar role.
• Demonstrated experience or understanding of delivery of programs in accordance with Government protocols.
• Demonstrated experience or understanding of quality assurance activities.
• Ability to understand and interpret legislative and policy matters.
• Ability to clearly and succinctly articulate and advocate views, publicly and privately.
• Ability to work autonomously and flexibly.
• Ability to monitor the status of a range of projects and to be able to prepare status reports which can readily identify areas requiring extra attention.
• Exceptional skills in office administration and in the use of technology to support effective business processes.
• Conflict resolution including complaints handling and ability to deal with difficult people and situations.
• An interest in sustainability in the residential building industry would be desirable.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Officer – Thermal Performance Assessors (TPA) via Pro Bono Australia.