About the Role
The General Manager Community Services will be responsible for the leadership, oversight and coordination of the following diverse range of programs:
• Child Contact Service
• Family and Relationship Services
• Family Relationship Centre
• Post Separation Cooperative Parenting Program
• Regional Family Dispute Resolution
• Murray Mallee Community Legal Service
• Financial Counselling
This position will be responsible for the direct support and supervision of the following Mangers:
• Manager Community Services
• Manager Family Relationship Centre
• Principal Solicitor and Manager Murray Mallee Community Legal Service and Financial Counselling. The General Manager will assist in the development and implementation of new initiatives.
The General Manager will be required to:
• Know and understand all systems and activities associated with Community Services.
• Maintain and enhance these systems and their ability to meet the goals of the organisation.
• Ensure that the systems fulfil the highest possible standards in compliance, accountability and prudent use of resources.
• Act in keeping with the values of Mallee Family Care.
Key skills we are looking for:
• Ability to lead, supervise, coach and manage staffing groups and build high performing teams.
• Understanding of strategic service planning and change management.
• Well-developed facilitation, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills enabling the development of networks with communities of interest.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Tertiary qualifications relevant to human services, with substantial experience in management.
• Demonstrated experience in community initiatives and management within the not for profit sector.
• Experience in managing the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
• Willingness to undertake additional training and participate in supervision.
• Strong analytical and leadership skills and experience in developing and motivating staff.
About the Organisation
Mallee Family Care is a large community services not-for-profit organisation based in the beautiful and thriving regional city of Mildura. The organisation provides a broad range of services across North West Victoria and Western New South Wales. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced community sector manager to join our senior leadership team. The General Manager Community Services will lead a diverse group of programs in an exciting time of growth and change within Mallee Family Care.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0350235966
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager Community Services via Pro Bono Australia.