About the Role
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the achievement of knowmore’s objectives of recruiting and retaining a highly performing workforce.
- Provide expert and timely HR advice and support to the Executive and Management teams and to employees, maintaining ethical and effective working relationships.
- In collaboration with the General Manager (Operations) and the Finance Manager, identify, develop and maintain internal policies and procedures to strengthen internal infrastructure.
- Drive ongoing recruitment, selection and secondment activities, utilising suppliers as required.
- Coordinate ongoing induction and handover activities to ensure that new recruits are set up for success and corporate knowledge is retained despite turnover.
- Organise and supervise the management of employment records, ensuring completeness, compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, accuracy, currency and confidentiality.
- Work with all staff to identify and provide essential training and professional development opportunities internally or via external providers to support the growth and currency of our staff’s skills set.
- Collaborate with other Operations Team members to maintain day-to-day service standards. Lead and participate in HR projects as required by the General Manager (Operations) and the Executive Team
- Any other projects as required.
Skills, knowledge and attributes:
- A people-centred approach balanced with an understanding of organisational priorities.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate with diverse stakeholders to collectively achieve organisational goals.
- Experience working in a similar role, providing high level HR services to a diverse and multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements relating to employment issues.
- Experience setting up HR infrastructure, including the drafting of policies and procedures, and embedding these into the organisation.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with senior managers and other staff to establish effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated initiative, analytical and problem solving skills and a proactive approach towards identifying issues and implementing solutions.
- Ability to work autonomously to manage short term issues while progressing with project milestones, in a busy work environment.
- Experience as the key contact in liaising with external suppliers.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, with resilience and a client-focused approach.
For further information and a copy of the job description: www.knowmore.org.au
Please forward your CV and application (no more than two pages) addressing your suitability for the position to email@example.com
About the Organisation
Over the next few months, knowmore will be on a journey to reposition itself to meet our clients’ ongoing needs.
As such, we are looking for an HR Manager with experience in change management, workforce planning and organisational design to advise our Executive Team and work closely with our Management Team to navigate this transition period. This role will be based in Sydney and will form part of the Operations Team. A diverse background in the HR profession would be ideal and additional resources can be made available as part of the transition project, subject to ongoing funding.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0732184500
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Human Resource Manager – Short term contract to 30 June 2018 via Pro Bono Australia.