About the Role
- Seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Intake & Administration Officer
- Fixed term and ongoing employment opportunity
- Full time and part time option available
- Based in Macquarie Park
We are looking for two highly motivated and enthusiastic Intake & Administration Officer’s to join the Relationships Australia Mediation Services (RAMS) based in Macquarie Park. If you have a background in intake, administration and support, and would enjoy making a positive social impact through the work you do, this could be the right role for you.
The Intake & Administration Officer will provide professional and supportive customer service to clients at all stages of the mediation intake process and manage a broad range of administrative tasks such as database management, wait list and diary management, input and coordination of financial data.
Some of your duties would include:
- Providing professional and supportive customer service to clients;
- Responding to enquiries and providing information to clients;
- Identifying and assessing the needs of clients;
- Conducting telephone intake and screening for safety issues
- Managing referrals to and from relevant RANSW services and other related community services
- Provide effective administrative support in a high volume environment
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients from a wide variety of backgrounds both verbally and in writing;
- Strong listening skills with the ability to contain conversations where strong emotions are present
- Ability to act empathetically, with sensitivity and understanding in order to engage clients and to make sound decisions about the extent and timeliness of the client support required;
- A developed understanding of the needs and issues faced by families after separation as well as ways to assist clients to address these issues;
- Ability to think and act appropriately in a crisis and to manage self and others in situations where emotions and conflict are present;
- A minimum of 3 years administration experience is essential;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in the use of information technology, including Microsoft Office applications (Excel) and databases for communication, referral and data collection;
- Excellent attention to detail
About the Organisation
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
Apply for this Job
We have 2 positions available working full time or part time. For more information about the role and details on how to apply, click on the link below:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON SUNDAY 17 DECEMBER 2017, 9.00PM
Please quote in application: Intake & Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.