About the Role
- Help the fight against poverty and inequality in communities across NSW
- Raise significant philanthropic donations from existing and new donors
- A newly created role joining an experienced and committed fundraising team
In this role you will research, develop and manage a strategic and proactive major gifts program including leading the trusts & foundations team. Working closely with known supporters, member groups and the wider community you will cultivate relationships that promote awareness of the major donors program maximising philanthropic outcomes. The role will also include;
- Communicating with past donors about the lasting impact of their generosity
- Manage and maintain relationships with existing Vinnies programs and services
- Reporting to the executive director of fundraising and communications and engaging with the CEO, state president and senior managers
- Ensuring the program works in collaboration with the activities of the broader team
- Developing a formal suite of collateral
Benefits and Culture
- Leading catholic ‘household’ name agency with significant social impact across a diverse range of communities in need
- Attractive salary and salary packaging, car allowance and close to public transport
- The role is located in a new building in Sydney’s dynamic inner west
You have a record of accomplishment in major donor, bequest or corporate fundraising from a leading NFP, cultural or education institution. You ‘make the ask’ but are also strategic and your efforts result in significant donations and grants. You provide excellent donor and/or customer care and understand the importance of relationships in fundraising and or business development. Your experience will also include;
- Developing effective soliciting and stewarding tools, mapping the donor or customer journey
- Working collaboratively in a target driven environment
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- Deep understanding of best practice major gift or business development strategies
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society (Vinnies) is a lay Catholic organisation that has 16,000 members and volunteers carrying out good works on behalf of the Society in NSW alone. It is one of the largest charitable providers in Australia today, helping people in every area of human need.
In NSW there are over 633 adult and youth Conferences (member groups), over 250 Vinnies Shops, over 100 Special Works (including homeless facilities) and a range of other special programs. The Society’s dedicated members and volunteers conduct visits every week bringing comfort, dignity and hope to people experiencing disadvantage in their homes, schools, prisons and communities.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Major Gifts & Trusts Manager via Pro Bono Australia.