About the Role
- Implement the Marketing and Communications plan for VA in line with VA’s strategic priorities.
- Create content and manage all of VA’s online assets including the website and social media platforms.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns to align and promote national initiatives including: International Volunteer Day, International Volunteer Managers Day and National Student Volunteer Week
- Manage the implementation of National Volunteer Week
- Manage all internal and external communications including the regular distribution of an e-newsletter.
- Participate in the National Communications Network, effectively communicating key messages of State and Territory peak bodies to key stakeholders.
- Create media releases and manage all contact with the media.
- Maintain VA’s databases.
- Engage and manage skilled volunteer(s) to support this position.
- Other relevant duties as required.
Selection Criteria Essential:
- Demonstrated high level wordsmithing skills and experience, including the ability to plan, write and edit a wide variety of items;
- Demonstrated experience in managing social media profiles;
- High level organisational and project management skills;
- Experience in media management;
- High level IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), CRM systems and Website Content Management.
Selection Criteria Desirable:
- Good design and layout skills with proficiency in producing artwork
About the Organisation
Volunteering Australia (VA) is the National peak body for volunteering working to advance volunteering in the Australian community. Our mission is to lead, strengthen, promote and celebrate volunteering in Australia.
We achieve our purpose and vision by focusing on the following strategic themes that underpin all our objectives and activities. We will:
- Maintain and strengthen VA’s leadership role in the sector by advocating effectively to support and advance volunteering in Australia;
- Build and maintain a credible evidence base for VA’s policies and platforms;
- Engage and communicate effectively to ensure volunteering, and VA itself, are recognised, respected and valued among stakeholders;
- Build and support the capacity and capability of VA, which harnesses the network’s collective capabilities, capacities and contributions of Foundation Members.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 6251 4060
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing & Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.