About the Role
The ideal candidate will have a passion for community development and a strong interest in NGOs.
• In consultation with the Head of Marketing, contribute to the development and implementation of the marketing strategy.
• In consultation with the Head of Marketing, devise strategies to drive engagement with St Jude’s across both digital and print channels.
• Seek and facilitate media opportunities in Australia for The School of St Jude.
• Plan and execute systematic and thorough tests on audience engagement that deliver continuous learning and help fundraising activity adapt to changing supporter behavior and values.
• Provide insightful and timely results analysis that helps to improve future activity and are communicated clearly to everyone who needs to understand them.
• Write and coordinate production of a variety of engaging content for digital and print media, and marketing communications that can be utilized by our supporters.
• Continually promote and improve engagement with visitors to the School, prior, during and after their visit, from a marketing perspective, and create relevant marketing collateral to facilitate this.
• Work with the graphic designer to revise existing and/or create new marketing collateral as required.
• Review new technologies and keep up to date with latest trends in marketing and fundraising analysis, making recommendations for relevant revenue generating initiatives.
• Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
• Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and required experience
• Diploma/Degree in Communications or Marketing viewed favourably.
• A systematic approach to work and detail orientated.
• Flexibility and ability to work well in a team.
• Energetic, consistent and dedicated personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
• Experience of analysing and interpreting supporter or customer data to identify trends and drive optimisation.
• Excellent ability to work with databases and good level of numeracy.
• Strong writing skills, both in a house style and in presenting complex information in concise reports.
• Ability to plan, complete and report on projects within agreed timescales.
• Ability to develop engaging communications.
• Willingness to learn and continuing commitment to improvement.
• Be flexible, open-minded, and tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a growing charity in a developing country.
• Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference.
Attributes you need to be a successful St Jude’s international staff member
• Be flexible, open-minded, and tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country.
• Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
• Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international volunteers.
• Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges.
What we can offer you!
• A Local Wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks.
• International Employees Benefits Package including: house benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion bonuses.
• Mid-Morning Tea & Lunch (during working days)
• Opportunities for Career Development.
• Welcoming community of international and local employees.
• Two weeks paid Christmas holiday in addition to the annual 28 days leave.
About the Organisation
The School of St Jude is a 100% charity-funded education institution that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 255755956891
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing Officer (Arusha, Tanzania) via Pro Bono Australia.