About the Role
- Senior Development Manager position with Melbourne University’s School of Engineering (MSE)
- Significant campaign opportunity to enable philanthropic impact through a faculty addressing the global challenges of today
- Attractive salary package (17% Super) and professional development opportunities
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Divisional Advancement (STEM) you will be the advancement advocate for the Melbourne School of Engineering responsible for collaborating across the University to foster and manage relationships with current and prospective donors and securing complex multi-year gifts in line with annual and campaign targets. In addition to a lead role in campaign management you will be responsible for a personal portfolio of donors.
Specifically, you will;
- Support the design and the delivery of a campaign-specific engagement program
- Help to shape the campaign case for support and identify opportunities for philanthropic outcome
- Partner with senior academic leaders, industry champions and advancement staff to execute the campaign plan
- Manage a portfolio of 60 – 100 donors and prospective donors with a particular focus on multi-year major gifts
- Prepare donor/prospective donor communications materials and correspondence
- Play an active role as a member of the STEM advancement team in promoting the University’s impact as a destination for philanthropy
- Supervise one Development Manager and facilitate involvement of a range of volunteers
- Facilitate the preparation of advancement reports to track progress against goals
This role would be suited to an ambitious candidate who is looking to develop their credentials in fundraising by working in a greenfields role in a department that is going through substantial growth.
You will be a tertiary qualified candidate with experience managing staff and raising significant funds in a large, complex organisations either through philanthropic fundraising or relationship based sales.
The key to your success in this role will be;
- Your proven experience managing capital campaigns and/or major donor giving / client relationships
- High emotional intelligence with a genuine communication style that engages a wide range of people
- Your experience working with high net worth individuals and making significant asks
- Understanding and demonstrated experience in navigating large scale and highly complex environments
- Your experience as a manager with the ability to work with and mentor your team
- Your ability to collaborate and engage a wide range of stakeholders in philanthropic activities
The University employs people of outstanding calibre and offers a unique environment where staff are valued and rewarded. Benefits include flexibility, an excellent remuneration package (17% superannuation) and professional development.
About the Organisation
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement. It’s consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.