About the Role
- Newly created Senior Development Manager position with Australia’s leading University
- Raise significant funds from major donors and support the international philanthropic strategy
- Attractive salary package (17% super) and professional development opportunities
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development (Major Gifts) you will join a central team developing philanthropic fundraising that supports the academic priorities of the University. You will work in a University-wide program with your own portfolio of donors and play a key role in operationalising the philanthropic strategy in Melbourne and beyond.
Specifically, you will;
- Manage prospective major donors; individuals, charitable funds, trusts and foundations, and corporates
- Develop strategies that create pathways with donors driving meetings, asks and income raised
- Prepare proposals and engage donors via phone, email, face to face meetings and events
- Support and further develop the international philanthropic strategy in Australia and beyond
- Develop tailored communication that enables you to develop high level relationships
- Engage university-wide stakeholders; Leadership, Senior Academic, and Professional staff
This role would be suited to a tertiary qualified candidate with experience raising significant funds in a large, complex organisation either through philanthropic fundraising or relationship based sales.
You will be experienced in having purposeful conversations with a wide range of people that leads to securing major gifts/significant revenue.
The key to your success in this role will be;
- Your proven experience managing major donor giving / client relationships from end to end, including initial engagement, closing and ongoing stewardship
- High emotional intelligence with a genuine communication style that engages a wide range of people
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach and the ability to deliver on tasks
- Understanding and demonstrated experience in navigating large scale and highly complex environments
- Your experience as a senior team member who is able to mentor and guide less experienced team members
- Your flexibility to travel as this role may involve both national and international travel
The University employs people of outstanding calibre and offers a unique environment where staff are valued and rewarded. Benefits include flexibility, an excellent remuneration package (17% superannuation) and professional development.
About the Organisation
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement. It’s consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.