About the Role
The purpose of this role is to develop strategic relationships to identify and present business opportunities to CBAA with the intent on diversifying and increasing revenue streams through intelligence gathering and promoting CBAA’s products and services.
This will be achieved by working with the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Executive team, internal and external contacts such as, new and existing member subscribers, corporate partners, the community, industry associations and internal staff.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership across all business development activities.
- Identify opportunities to significantly generate a new approach to support CBAA’s strategic business growth by promoting CBAA’s services and solutions to increase funds and boost revenue.
- Develop and implement the Business Development strategy across CBAA.
- Actively support the COO to reach the operational objectives of CBAA.
- Establishment of a proactive business development campaign.
- To build external partnerships and alliances, including sourcing new funding opportunities from government, trusts, foundations and individual giving, along with growing corporate sponsorship and partnerships.
- Management of the Business Development database and the production and analysis of appropriate management reports.
- Manage CBAA’s participation in industry conferences, ensuring maximum exposure, participation and value for the CBAA’s investment of resources.
- To oversee the development of consultancy services, including the CBAA’s community engagement program to ensure the CBAA has a strong offer, effective marketing and high-quality delivery
- Pitching products and/or services.
- Research strategic market analysis to identify and quantify additional related markets of interest.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Degree in Sales & / Business, and / or relevant equivalent work experience
- Experience within the Not-for-Profit community based or membership based organisations
- Experience in developing and implementing successful business development strategies
- Demonstrated experience with managing a grant seeking strategy including building funding opportunities from government, trusts, foundations
- Demonstrated experience of proactive client engagement to uncover opportunities to provide service solutions and sell services
- Familiarity with community broadcasting operation and issues in Australia e.g. diversity of community broadcasting landscape including radio and television and their rural and remote demographics (desirable)
About the Organisation
The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) is a non-profit national peak body and lead representative organisation for community broadcasting services around Australia.
The CBAA provides leadership, advocacy and support for its members to actively build capabilities of independent broadcasting services and create a healthy environment for the sector to thrive.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0293102999
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Manager – Business Development – Sydney (NSW) via Pro Bono Australia.