About the Role
As the Social Inclusion Coordinator you will report directly to the National Lead, Social Inclusion and will be responsible for the development and implementation of social inclusion strategies in Goodstart Early Learning Centres in Victoria and Tasmania. In this role you will work with Goodstart Centres, government agencies, and other not for profit agencies in areas of relative disadvantage to ensure Goodstart includes and supports vulnerable children and their families. This is a full-time position working 38 hours / week based at our Port Melbourne office and some travel is required.
Key responsibilities include:
- develop and implement targeted strategies that build staff capability to enable Goodstart to improve inclusion and access of vulnerable children and families
- contribute to the improvement of organisational systems, policies and practices to build an inclusive organisation
- provide training, coaching and mentoring to Centre Directors, Educators and other Goodstart staff on inclusive practices
- develop partnerships with other not for profit organisations and government departments to maximise the impact of social inclusion strategies within local communities
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- qualifications in early childhood education and/or health or social care related discipline
- strong project management skills
- comprehensive knowledge of community and government networks and resources with proven skills in utilising these to develop services and programs
- demonstrated ability to influence others
- experience in leading and managing change within an early childhood or health or social care environment
What we can offer you:
- The package includes a Tool of Trade Car, Mobile phone and Laptop
- Access to discounted childcare
- Flexible work arrangements giving you choice about when and how work will be done in order to better manage your work and non-work needs
- Discounted health care and access to employee wellbeing program with BUPA
- Ongoing support for training and professional development
- Opportunity to participate in active social club events
- Exclusive discounts on travel, gym memberships, Apple and Dell products, and more….
About the Organisation
Goodstart, Australia's largest early learning provider has an exciting opportunity to fulfil the ongoing role of Social Inclusion Coordinator in Victoria and Tasmania. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families. Every day, 13,500 Goodstart staff support over 60,000 families and the 71,500 children that attend our 643 centres nation–wide. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Inclusion Coordinator VIC via Pro Bono Australia.