About the Role
• Work with an inspiring and passionate team
• An exciting opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of Australia’s most disadvantaged children and their families
• Sydney or Melbourne work location (open for discussion) Max Term Contract – 18 Months
The Smith Family is a national charity that helps young Australians in need to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. Volunteers are critical enablers of our work; over 8000 volunteers generously donate their time to support our work each year, participating in programs (as tutors or mentors) and building our internal capacity to extend our reach to young people in need. The Volunteer Relationship Manager (VRM) is responsible for leading initiatives and guiding practice that ensure quality relationships are maintained between all volunteers and The Smith Family (TSF), and that all instances of volunteer engagement result in a positive experience for both volunteers and team members.
Reporting to our National Manager for Volunteering, the key responsibilities of the Volunteer Relationship Manager role include:
• Leading initiatives and guiding practice that ensure quality relationships are maintained between all volunteers and The Smith Family, and that all instances of volunteer engagement result in a positive experience for both volunteers and team members.
• Equipping team members, via a network of Volunteer Relationship Coordinators to have the skills, resources and knowledge required to influence positive volunteer engagement and retention
• Developing strategies and ensuring a coordinated approach is taken to volunteer on-boarding (recruitment, induction, training) and ongoing support and development.
• Identifying key opportunities for communications that enhance volunteers’ engagement with TSF and work with appropriate internal and external business units to ensure these communications align with other supporter messaging.
• Working closely with members of the national Programs team (and with other Project Managers) to support the implementation of core volunteer-involving programs.
• Managing team performance by providing and receiving regular feedback, acknowledging team/individual achievements, and conducting formal and informal performance and development reviews and planning discussions.
It takes a special kind of person to be the Volunteer Relationship Manager for The Smith Family. You will have demonstrated management skills, including the ability to effectively and successfully lead a team through change. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, exhibiting highly developed interpersonal, and presentation skills. You will be proficient in Office suite, with proficiencies in word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint. You will be a strong leader, you will have the ability to provide a positive influence over the team, you will be able to prioritise workloads and be able to delegate, proving you can be flexible and adaptable to an ever changing environment. Most of all you care about making a difference in the lives of some of Australia’s most disadvantaged children and their families.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Relationship Manager via Pro Bono Australia.