About the Role
- Be part of an organisation which promotes and delivers the health benefits of humour
- Working within the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable areas
- Would suit an experienced Finance Officer looking for a flexible working week
Benefits and Culture
- Working 3 days per week on a flexible basis
- Work with creative colleagues who are committed to the cause
- Located on Sydney’s north shore, close to train stations
You will be responsible for processing financial transactions up to trial balance, including the key areas of accounts payable and receivable. There will also be a focus on processing regular donations in an efficient and effective manner. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will develop strong relationships with client sponsors, colleagues and donors. This role is supported by an admin assistant.
- Process accounts payable, including supplier payments
- Manage accounts receivable, including preparation of invoices for debtors and sponsors
- Following up on any outstanding invoices
- Coordinate and process petty cash
- Processing donations, contributions, credit card payments, receipting and banking
- Manage general accounts queries and related filing
You have a good understanding of AP and AR and be able to work in a timely manner and under pressure.
Your experience will include;
- Being able to work autonomously and accurately, whilst using your initiative
- Demonstrating strong financial acumen and streamlining of processes
- Working to deadlines in a busy financial environment, ensuring workflow is regularly addressed and prioritised accordingly
- Knowledge of MYOB or Sharepoint is preferred
About the Organisation
The Humour Foundation is a unique organisation that truly believes laughter is the best medicine. Working closely with medical professionals and engaging 60 professional clowns, the Foundation delivers 1500 ward rounds engaging with sick children in 26 hospitals across Australia annually. The Foundation’s work is based on clinical research that shows the physiological and psychological benefits of laughter to health and well-being.
Through their four main programs, Clown Doctors, Elder Clowns, Laughter Boss and Laughter Works, the Foundation reaches over 200,000 vulnerable children and adults, including those living with dementia. They also have an ongoing commitment to further research around the therapeutic benefits of humour.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accounts officer – Part Time 3 days per week via Pro Bono Australia.