About the Role
Sydney Community Foundation (SCF) is seeking to engage a full-time Administration and Place Based Program Liaison Assistant to support the operations, grant making and other philanthropy activities of the Foundation. We are looking for an organised detail oriented, tech and social media savvy, “people person” to join a small team in a fast –paced, creative and rewarding work environment. Our office is a lively space near great public transport.
Working closely with the CEO and Operations Manager of the Foundation, donors, charities and community partners, the role includes office management and support for expanding fundraising and networking events held by SCF and its Sydney Women’s Fund.
Core areas of responsibility
- Administration services including managing diaries and appointments, distributing Board documents, and office management
- Donor Service and Management, including:
- Donor Contact Management
- Donations Processing, thanking/ receipting
- Donor Database management
- Finance Administration
- Grants and Agreements Administration/ Community Partner relationships
Candidate Criteria and Strengths
- Client service and solutions-focused
- Flexible and responsive, with strong time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to cultivate and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships
- Demonstrated administrative and project support skills with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement
- Excellent computer and database skills; social media and tech savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications university degree in humanities, business management or a relevant discipline – or comparable learning experience
- A genuine and demonstrated interest in philanthropy and the not-for-profit sector
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment preferred
About the Organisation
Sydney Community Foundation, founded 14 years ago, is Sydney’s first public community foundation. We encourage donors to invest in charitable projects where the need is greatest. By using an evidence-based approach we can provide responsible advice to donors on how best to share and invest their wealth to improve the lives of others. We measure and report on outcomes. Some of our donors want to give for immediate impact ‘now’, others want to build an endowment so their gift goes on ‘forever’.
We invest funds given to the Sydney Community Foundation with prudence and make grants with care. Our board are volunteers and donors, they are prominent Sydney professionals and community leaders giving back to Sydney.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9251 1228
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Administration Assistant and Place Based Liaison via Pro Bono Australia.