About the Role
A key Business Unit within the Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International & Advancement), the Advancement Unit is responsible for providing leadership and management of philanthropy on behalf of UTS. It is also responsible for developing and delivering a range of engagement opportunities with its growing alumni network (of over 200,000) and providing support to faculties.
Its role is to build philanthropic and other support for the university’s strategic priorities through sustained and mutually beneficial relationships with individuals and organisations.
The Advancement Manager, Major Gifts will cultivate and manage a sizeable portfolio of prospects and Donors securing major gifts for key priority projects across the University.
Primary duties will include:
• Take lead responsibility for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding an allocated portfolio of close to 150 prospects and donors with focus on raising funds for University projects
• Working in partnership with members of the Advancement Unit and across the University, identify and research prospective Donors and funding sources and develop and implement prospect management plans
• Represent the Deputy Director, Advancement as necessary at internal and external meetings, fundraising committees and working groups
• Contribute to the on-going planning and development of the Advancement Unit
Main skills/experience required:
• Demonstrated results in major gift fundraising
• Experience in building and managing effective relationships within a complex organisation, and externally.
• Demonstrated capacity to raise major gifts from individuals and organisations and to manage complex projects with ambitious timelines
• A highly motivated and energetic individual with the ability to interpret larger strategic objectives, and craft and execute strategies and tactics to achieve the objectives
• A strong ability in managing and advancing a pipeline of prospects and Donors
• Experience in relationship management and fundraising in a University or similar organisation.
• Fundraising experience in the higher education environment is highly desirable
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered.
This role attracts 9.5% superannuation in addition to the base salary.
This appointment is a parental leave cover and will be on a Fixed-term basis for 12 Months
About the Organisation
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The Advancement Manager, Major Gifts is responsible for building relationships and raising funds from alumni, philanthropists, and other constituents for University Faculties, Research Centres as well as UTS wide programs and initiatives, in order to advance the mission of the University.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9514 1080
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Advancement Manager, Major Gifts (Parental Leave) via Pro Bono Australia.