About the Role
JOB ID: 180046
SALARY RANGE: $76,585 to $82,706 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term for 12 months
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Communications Coordinator, Donor Stewardship and Recognition is responsible for coordinating, maintaining and continuously improving the institution-wide donor relations and stewardship system that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels.
This will include:
• Supporting the Manager, Donor Stewardship and Recognition to develop a multi-year comprehensive donor stewardship plan well integrated with all areas of Advancement activity promoting alumni and donor engagement, cultivation and solicitation strategies, programs and activities, ensuring alignment of University, Faculty and Advancement objectives
• Contributing to the development and implementation of communications and procedures to support and ensure cohesion of donor stewardship programs and operations for the University ensuring their high quality experience with the University and increasing the likelihood of continued contributions.
• Advocating and upholding ethical practices, in stewardship and recognition of gifts and widely promoting best practice to achieve optimum outcome for the university.
• Partnering with the different areas of the Portfolio and the University and contribute to effective strategies to maintain strong relationships with national and international donors, campus communities, all levels of government and government agencies and industry partners.
• An undergraduate qualification in communications/marketing or related field and at least two-three years subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of extensive experience and specialist knowledge, education and/or training.
• Demonstrated capacity to write and produce high level communication pieces
• Proven capability to manage relationships across the full spectrum of internal and external stakeholders applying superior interpersonal, verbal communication skills are essential, coupled with expert networking skills.
• Demonstrated high-level organisational project and time management skills.
CONTACT OR FURTHER INFORMATION: Preema Wong, Tel: +61 3 9246 8518
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 18 February 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that’s why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the Organisation
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly, supportive and challenging working environment. Our staff are committed to making a genuine difference to people’s lives through excellence in education and research. We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers. Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all of whom share a common interest in lifelong learning.
Deakin is Australia’s sixth largest university and number one in Victoria for student satisfaction – a ranking of which we are very proud. Deakin University operates five campuses; the Cloud Campus, Melbourne Burwood Campus, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Geelong Waterfront Campus, and the Warrnambool Campus. We also have a corporate centre in the Melbourne CBD and at the Geelong Waterfront Campus and offices in India, China and Indonesia.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9246 8518
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Coordinator, Donor Stewardship & Recognition via Pro Bono Australia.