About the Role
3 days per week 12 months contract, role growth to 5 days per week anticipated in 18/19.
As an experienced Community Development Coordinator you will:
• Support coordination, liaison and development of Parkinson’s Victoria’s peer, activity and specialised groups in metropolitan and regional Victoria.
• Support delivery of relevant, contemporary and evidence based consumer education for the peer support group network
• Review and provide administrative support in the preparation and production of information, education and Parkinson’s awareness resources.
Skills and experience:
• Demonstrated level of knowledge, understanding and requirements of the planning, development, promotion and delivery of community programs for NFP/Support groups.
• Demonstrated experience and outcomes via the application of community development principles via networking and stakeholder development
• Demonstrated knowledge in the provision of information, support and health education to people living with a chronic illness, their families and carers in a group environment.
• Experience in working with peer, activity or specialist groups and an understanding of group dynamics
• Public speaking experience.
• Experience or qualification in training small groups would be an advantage
• Tertiary qualifications (to Bachelor’s level) in a health-related discipline (Health Promotion, Social Work or Community Development) and/or project management
About the Organisation
Parkinson’s Victoria raises awareness and funds for services and research that improves the quality of life for 27,000 people living with Parkinson’s in Victoria. Through our multi-disciplinary health team we provide information, education, advice and peer support services to improve the life of the Parkinson’s community. Our support extends to those living with Parkinson’s, their families and carers, peer support groups and health care professionals. As a not-for-profit, member based organisation operating in Victoria, we support service delivery via an extensive peer support group network.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 8809 0400
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Development Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.