About the Role
The Database and Supporter Relations Coordinator is a key member of the Fundraising & Marketing team. The purpose of the role is to offer an exceptional standard of service to our supporters; to ensure a high level of database management and to provide efficient and effective financial administration and support for the fundraising program.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to research efforts to beat the most common form of cancer in Australia. The successful candidate will be responsible for cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. This role is responsible for processing charitable donations, maintaining and enhancing the donor database and donor profile segmentation for fundraising campaigns. Working with the Direct Marketing Coordinator, the Database and Supporter Relations Coordinator will play an important role in providing reports to the fundraising team to guide future decision making around the development of processes to steward donors from initial gift to bequest.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good project planning and coordination in a multi-task environment.
- Excellent computing skills (particularly database management).
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines without compromising close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to think laterally in relation to problems/issues.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
Skills/techniques (desirable but not essential):
- Knowledge of cancer or clinical trials research.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud products
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Access/SQL skill
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a database effectively.
- Strong customer service focus with demonstrable experience in a previous role.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining accurate financial records.
- Demonstrated ability to independently assess and decide on priorities and workload.
- Demonstrated experience of independently researching issues proposing, implementing and managing solutions.
- Experience in independently maintaining an efficient and effective filing and retrieval system.
- Commitment to professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and comply with privacy
About the Organisation
The GI Cancer Institute (www.gicancer.org.au) raises funds for gastro‐intestinal (GI) cancer clinical trials research conducted by its parent organisation, the Australasian Gastro‐Intestinal Trials Group (AGITG) (www.agitg.org.au).
GI cancers include cancers of the oesophagus, stomach, liver, gall bladder, pancreas, bowel, rectum and anus. GI cancers are the most common form of cancer, affecting over 25,000 Australians each year and claiming a devastating 33 lives each day. AGITG clinical trials research finds better ways to treat gastro‐intestinal cancers. Our research has led to the improvement in both the life expectancy and quality of life of people diagnosed with gastro‐intestinal cancers.
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic Database and Supporter Relations Coordinator to join a small but dedicated team to develop the GI Cancer Institute’s fundraising program. The GI Cancer Institute is embarking on a program of significant growth over the next five years and this position will play a pivotal role in the successful growth of the fundraising and marketing program.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Database and Supporter Relations Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.