About the Role
IJM is a global organisation that protects the poor from violence throughout the developing world. IJM partners with local authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors and strengthen justice systems. IJM lawyers, investigators, social workers, community activists and other professionals collaborate with local law enforcement to combat slavery, sex trafficking, rape, police brutality, property grabbing and other forms of violence.
IJM’s vision to 2030 is to rescue millions, protect half a billion and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
IJM is Christian, Professional and Bridge Building. Our Christian value manifests not only in our motivation but in our culture and work environment, including daily devotions, stillness and prayer.
International Justice Mission Australia is seeking a qualified, experienced and creative Director of Marketing, who will steward the IJM brand and tell the IJM story in a way that elicits generous, courageous and sustained engagement.
For this newly created full-time role, IJM Australia is seeking a person to be based in Chatswood, Sydney.
The Director of Marketing will:
- Develop the complete marketing strategy for IJM Australia in alignment with IJM Australia’s objectives
- Develop and implement a content strategy across all relevant channels, including social media
- Manage and improve acquisition, retention and growth of IJM supporters
- In partnership with CRM project manager, design and implement curated constituent journeys, improved data analysis and reporting to support increased attraction, retention and engagement
- Manage the IJM brand and organisation’s identity in Australia
- Manage IJM Australia’s public relations by performing field media inquiries, pitching stories to media and preparing media kits
- Work with the Advancement and Corporate & Legal teams to identify significant media and public policy issues and opportunities that align with IJM Australia’s fundraising and advocacy work
- Design, develop and deliver all IJM Australia fundraising and advocacy campaigns across all channels
- Develop high quality marketing collateral and stakeholder communications for print, electronic and social media
- In conjunction with the Advancement team, design and develop content and promotional strategies for IJM events
- Manage and develop the IJM Australia website
- Manage relationships with external agencies and suppliers in relation to marketing, communications and events
- Manage, build and grow the marketing team
- Manage IJM Australia’s marketing and communications budget
- Provide strategic and creative leadership to IJM by joining IJM Australia’s leadership team and the IJM Global Brand and Marketing Council
- Travel occasionally to one of IJM’s field offices and Headquarters or other Partner Offices
- Participate in IJM Australia’s key events as required
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A strong track record developing and implementing marketing strategy and positioning an organisation to achieve tangible outcomes
- Proven expertise in social media and the digital arena
- A strong creative and digital outlook
- A demonstrated leadership capacity
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in successful brand management and marketing
- Experience in public relations
- Experience in the design and delivery of curated constituent journeys, and preferably in using a CRM such as SalesForce to support the marketing strategy
You will also have:
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and research skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong analytical and project management capacity
- Strong capacity to learn and problem solve
- A deep conviction regarding biblical justice
What we offer:
- A very inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals – characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery.
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills & attributes.
- Opportunity for spiritual formation.
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of QE.
Please send a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position including your demonstrated commitment to IJM Australia’s values as detailed above, along with your current CV to email@example.com.
IJM Australia is interviewing and recruiting for this position as applications are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director of Marketing via Pro Bono Australia.