About the Role
Position Title: Field Organiser
Position Location: Sydney, NSW
Employment Status: Fixed Term (12 months) / Full-Time
*Potential candidates should note over 80% of organisers employed on fixed term roles convert to ongoing employment as permanent positions become available
Classification and Salary range: Organiser Level 1 – 2, $73,155 – $95,330 per annum (includes Organiser Expense Allowance paid as salary) + 15.4% superannuation
Conditions of employment:
• flexible work practices and access to accrued days off
• best practice leave provisions including paid primary carer leave (26 weeks) and supporting partner leave (six weeks); and paid family violence leave (20 days (pro rata) per annum (non-cumulative)
• employer super contributions on paid or unpaid parental leave for a period equal to a maximum of 52 weeks
• a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
• a strong commitment to training and development
• health and well being initiatives
• salary sacrificing
Position reports to: Team Leader and Lead Organiser
Positions reporting to this position are: Nil
Overview of Position
The primary function of this role is to develop and implement effective campaigns and strategies to assist members to bring about positive change in their workplaces.
There is a strong emphasis on recruiting members and developing members, delegates and workplace leaders.
The position is focused on meeting key union objectives of:
• helping members achieve fairness at work, job security, and the best possible pay and decent conditions
• being a union that most employees want to join
• promoting our members’ issues in the public and political arena
(required skills, knowledge & ability)
1. A commitment to union values and principles, helping others and making a contribution to society
2. High level verbal communication and interpersonal skills
3. Ability to lead and organise, build relationships, motivate and develop individuals or groups
4. Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills
5. Ability to plan and organise work and achieve outcomes
6. Ability to work semi-autonomously, demonstrate initiative, drive and resilience in a changing environment
7. Well developed written communication skills
8. Current Drivers License
1. Experience working in sales or membership recruitment, with a strong focus on meeting recruitment objectives
2. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to develop and implement successful sales/recruitment strategies
Please submit your application by COB Monday, 29 January 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
You must complete the on-line Employment Application Questionnaire and address the Selection Criteria to be considered for this position.
Please visit our website at https://cpsu.wufoo.com/forms/cpsu-employment-application/ to access the Employment Application Questionnaire.
The CPSU is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for position. Selection is merit based. Part time employment opportunities may be considered where suitable.
About the Organisation
As an employer we offer family friendly conditions and leave entitlements, 15.4% superannuation, and access to health and wellbeing initiatives. Our friendly staff are passionate about the work they do and committed to union values, helping others, and making a positive contribution to society. Working with the CPSU means you will work side by side with other union members to make our workplaces and communities fairer.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0405126939
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Field Organiser via Pro Bono Australia.