About the Role
Main responsibilities of the role:
The Manager Community Capacity Building is a pivotal role, engaging with people with disability, local communities, local governments, the Brotherhood of St Laurence and the National Disability Insurance Agency to drive this ambition across all contracted areas.
The Manager Community Capacity Building will:
- oversee the mapping of local issues and priorities across multiple areas
- manage the development of a consolidated annual Community Capacity Building plan, covering multiple contracted areas
- strategically build relationships with local councils and organisations
- manage, support and upskill the Community Engagement Leads and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Participation Leads
- work alongside councils to bring effect to the join statements of intent.
The Manager Community Capacity Building is responsible for overseeing community engagement across the following areas:
- North East Melbourne Area
- Hume Moreland Area
- Bayside Peninsula Area
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- relevant qualifications in community development, social work, social planning or similar
- previous achievements in developing and implementing community development and capacity building initiatives as well as project management
- significant proven experience in working with community members, groups and organisations to develop community capacity
- proven understanding and knowledge around how effective capacity building can significantly enhance a person’s ability to participate in community, social and economic life
- demonstrated managerial and leadership experience
- proven experience in customer facing environments that support or provide services to the community
- demonstrated experience with highly accountable processes that are subject to external review
- proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations
- takes ownership and responsibility for decisions
- understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
- experience working with ATSI communities
- industry knowledge and a detailed understanding of the NDIS.
This is a full time position working 38 hours per week. Salary will be in the range of $85,000 – $90,000 per annum plus superannuation and an allowance in lieu of a vehicle. Attractive salary packaging options available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/. For further information about the role phone Lucy Norvill on 0490 440 567.
About the Organisation
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Brotherhood of St Laurence drives changes that promotes compassionate and fair society where everyone has a sense of belonging. The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), administering the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) roll-out is partnering with the Brotherhood to deliver Local Area Coordination (LAC) services I the North East Melbourne, Hume Moreland and Bayside Peninsula areas.
LAC is pivotal in the NDIS, providing planning coordination and capacity building support for people with disability to maximise their choice and control over the services they receive to live an ordinary life.
A key function of Local Area Coordination is the investment of resources into the creation of more welcoming and inclusive communities for people with disability. Community engagement at the Brotherhood is a collaborative, interdisciplinary process that involves teams from different program areas and utilising research and working together to achieve shared organisational objectives.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager Community Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.