About the Role
Family Life will lead a partnership with Life Without Barriers (LWB) to deliver Corrections Victoria’s Family Engagement Program (FEP) across five prisons in Victoria. FEP aims to engage prisoners and their families who wish to voluntarily heal family relationships by facilitating information sessions, education sessions and family action plan sessions in prisons, as well as connecting families to their local community supports.
The partnership will enable delivery of culturally responsive, evidence informed, quality materials and resources that include:
• Specialist Family Support teams, which focus on infants, children and adolescents.
• Specialist Family Violence practitioners for men, women and children.
• Multilingual staff with experience in working with over 70 nationalities and 40 language groups.
• An extensive trauma informed team trained in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics.
• A state-wide footprint with flexibility and capacity to travel to prison locations.
The FEP Partnership has been engaged to implement the program over the next six months, with the intention of providing further service delivery for 2.5 years (until 2020).
About the Position
The Family Engagement Manager role is a six month contract position and will be based at Life Without Barriers in Sunshine. From time to time the incumbent will need to work from, or be based at, other Family Life sites and various Corrections Victoria prison sites.
This position will provide immediate service delivery and community consultation for FEP, undertake manual writing, whilst also providing training and supervision of staff delivering FEP sessions.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications (Degree minimum level) in Social Work or Psychology
• Experience working within a prison environment
• Demonstrated experience in successfully developing, leading and facilitating targeted programs in complex settings
• Strong leadership skills including supervision of staff
• Proven ability to work in partnership with other stakeholders to successfully deliver service outcomes
• Skills in risk assessment and risk management strategy planning.
About the Organisation
Family Life is an independent, entrepreneurial community organisation, offering a range of services, support and community building services. Family Life’s work is acknowledged at all government levels for our innovation, impact and whole of community approach. Priority is given to vulnerable families, children and young people.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 8599 5433
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager – Family Engagement Program via Pro Bono Australia.