About the Role
Part-time 0.8EFT, until June 2019
Based at our Kensington (Victoria) site
Keep your work-life balance in check with the flexibility of part-time hours
We are delighted that you are taking an interest in working for cohealth. We can offer you a position to work with a great team of people and be supported in a caring, family friendly environment.
The aim of this role is to provide a response to the psycho-social and mental health needs of cohealth clients in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, to provide accessible high quality, client centred care for the community. Optimising health and wellbeing through the delivery of goal directed care planning and coordination, self-management support, case conferencing, referral, comprehensive assessment and case work, group work and supporting inter-professional capacity building.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the counselling and Social Work service, ensuring the provision of high quality ethical, evidence-based, flexible, professional goal-directed and client-centred case management and counselling services to a range of individuals, groups and families within a systems approach;
- Providing casework, referral and advocacy to clients particularly where this would enhance the therapeutic work and/or where other services are not available;
- Providing group work, outreach, and secondary consultation and participate in projects and evaluation as required;
- Deliver counselling services to women experiencing or who have experienced family violence within a framework that acknowledges the gendered nature of family violence; and
- Facilitating reflective practice within multidisciplinary teams including the Kensington and Niddrie Better health teams. Work with both internal and external stakeholders to provide a coordinated approach that is based on goal directed care planning and self-management.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work with eligibility to membership of AASW or an equivalent qualification as determined by cohealth;
- Counselling qualification with a minimum of two years demonstrated experience in provision of a high standard of client centred, evidence-based short to medium term counselling for the target population;
- A well-developed capacity for client centred care planning, counselling assessment and intervention skills;
- Proven capacities to work effectively with women impacted by family violence and their children;
- Highly developed written, communication, interpersonal, problem solving and reflective skills combined with excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to follow through tasks to completion;
- The ability to assess the comprehensive needs of a client and provide relevant interventions; and
- Well-developed understanding of counselling, mental health and family violence.
We are committed to a high performance, engaging team culture and investing in our people enables a rewarding career with cohealth. If you have what we are looking for, do not delay – APPLY NOW.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Worker & Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.