About the Role
Teaching Artist (TA) – Sydney (NSW)
The Song Room is a national not for profit organisation that provides tailored, long-term music and arts-based programs for children in disadvantaged and high need communities. Our vision is that all Australian children have the opportunity to participate in music and the arts to enhance their education, personal development and community involvement.
The Song Room is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Teaching Artist (TA) to work with a local primary school in Sydney one day per week in Semester 1 to plan and deliver a tailored, sequential and long term DRAMA program.
Whilst the TA role will mainly be the planning, management, delivery and evaluation of the creative drama program, it is anticipated that they will also take an active role to contribute to building relationships and partnerships with parents, local community and arts groups by working closely with The Song Room’s Regional Program Coordinator.
Key Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- Drama specialist
- Ability to connect and engage with children of all ages
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and student cohort
- Ability to plan and deliver a tailored creative drama program based on individual school needs
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level of professionalism in the discharge of duties
- High standard of relationship development and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills, including the ability to plan and organise own workload
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Knowledge and understanding of working in a school environment
- High degree of self-motivation and responsibility
- Applicants must have a current Working With Children’s Check
Please visit our website for a copy of the Position Description and Selection Criteria: www.songroom.org.au
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9521 3990
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Teaching Artist (TA) – Sydney (NSW) via Pro Bono Australia.