About the Role
AOD Clinician- Care & Recovery
- Client centred, continuity of care
- Kindness and respect for all
- Excellence & agility in our work
Eastern Health’s Turning Point is looking for an experienced AOD Clinician who is passionate about continuity of care! Your role will provide Care and Recovery Coordination in line with our vision for the potential for an AOD system with ‘no gaps’. You will look at a client’s needs and circumstances holistically, planning with them to provide tailored support at the right times. This role will be targeted to clients who need extra assistance on the journey toward their recovery goals. Care and Recovery Coordination provides the opportunity to work with clients over a longer period, with a view to facilitating optimal conditions for their recovery and seamless treatment pathways to ensure the best possible outcomes.
In this role will provide you with a mix of tasks to keep you interested! You will be able to get out of the office and promote Care & Recovery treatment, building relationships inside and outside of the sector. You will help other clinicians across the Inner East understand Care and Recovery and its potential to keep clients safer, more engaged and even save lives. Your input and feedback will be valued, you will provide insights into continuous improvement, be able to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment with a focus on client outcomes.
To be successful in this role you should possess:
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline with eligibility for registration
- Qualifications in alcohol and drug studies or willingness to complete these
- Experience and demonstrated skills in evidence based alcohol and other drug treatment (including complex and forensic clients)
- Demonstrated understanding of harm reduction as a underpinning concept
- Proven ability in working within a multi disciplinary team
- The ability to build relationships and provide health promotion activities
- The ability evaluate services and produce reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in computer skills
- A Victorian Drivers licence is required
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
The benefits of working for Eastern Health include:
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours including monthly AOD’s for F/T staff
- Salary packaging options
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the attached Position Description and direct all enquiries to the contact person listed.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police records check.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First: Agility: Humility: Respect: Kindness: Excellence
About the Organisation
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care and community health services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
Click here to view a video about Eastern Health's values.
These values reflect the Victorian public sector values and will provide you with guidance and assurance during your working period with Eastern Health.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 8413 8407
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: AOD Clinician- Care & Recovery via Pro Bono Australia.