About the Role
• Fixed Term Contract – Until June 2019
• Part time hours and days (0.65 FTE/Flexible days)
• Hindmarsh, Adelaide, SA Location
You have primary responsibility to ensure continuous quality improvement is embedded throughout our Youth focused Drug and Alcohol services, including maintaining and updating our compliance obligations against our E-Quip 6 accreditation administered through The Australian Council on Healthcare Standards.
Additionally, you will draw on your previous experience to deliver high quality, professional, effective and evidence-based counselling and case management intervention. Assist Young people and families to change their substance use related behaviours and built their capacity in health, relationships, education/employment and life skill domains. (Please see Position Description below)
• Ensure effective intake, preliminary, comprehensive & risk assessment.
• Develop counselling and case management plans which have an outcome focus and reflect client goals.
• Provide best practice quality consultancy and advice to AOD staff and leaders re quality and accreditation issues.
• Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the service through involvement in strategic and continuous improvement initiatives; building capacity and capability.
• Provide leadership and coordination of ACHS EQUIP6 and all other continuous quality improvement activities.
Qualifications & experience
• Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Nursing, Social Science or Psychology; or minimum qualification of Cert IV in AOD and relevant quality accreditation
• Extensive experience working with young people and substance use, and quality accreditations
• Experience in Project Management
• Case management, counselling and group work, including complex and high risk clients Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Drivers Licence
• First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a DCSI Child-related Employment Screening clearance
•Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
•Discounted health care with Medibank Private
•Purchase additional annual leave
•Discounted childcare rates of up to 15% at participating Centres (conditions apply)
•Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers: Coles, Harvey Norman, Apple, Dell & many more
•Free, confidential counselling service
•Flexible work arrangements
About the Organisation
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We’re generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: AOD Project Officer (Part-Time) – Work/Life Balance Opportunity via Pro Bono Australia.