About the Role
- Dynamic networker required to build strong relationships
- Fantastic location in our Melbourne CBD office
- Passionate, collaborative team environment
We have an exceptional opportunity for a personable and suitably experienced individual to join a dynamic and supportive team committed to connecting our donors’ passion for the environment with practical long term conservation outcomes. You will contribute to the growth of fundraising income from gifts in wills and be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with our bequest supporters passionate about protecting the environment.
With sensitivity and tact, you will communicate with bequest prospects to confirm and maintain their bequest commitment and increase the number of confirmed bequests. You will work to support and build the bequest fundraising program through tailored communications, events, and acquisition activities.
This role sits in the Key Relationships Team based in Melbourne and requires some essential interstate travel to urban and remote areas, including our reserves. It involves working with a wide range of staff including senior managers, reserve managers and our volunteers to identify, grow and manage relationships with key supporters our Marketing and Fundraising Team
What you’ll need to succeed
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for conservation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and success in dealing with donors or customers;
- Excellent communication skills with experience communicating to a diverse audience including bequest supporters, staff and volunteers;
- Demonstrated attention to detail applicable to documentation, information recording and planning;
- Intermediate level of computer literacy and proficiency; and
- Experience in bequest or major gift fundraising is desirable.
About the Organisation
Bush Heritage Australia, a national leader in landscape-scale conservation, is seeking a Bequest Officer.
Our vision of Healthy Country, protected forever sees us where we are needed most: in areas of high conservation value with low levels of protection. With the help of our donors, we protect and help manage 6.2 million hectares of land across the country. In our mission to return the bush to good health, we provide habitat for more than 5,800 native species, including at least 235 threatened species. Two proven approaches underline what we do: we carefully select, purchase and manage landscapes of high conservation value; and we work in partnership with others, including Traditional Owners, to achieve key conservation outcomes.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Bequest Officer via Pro Bono Australia.