About the Role
The opportunity: The Business Development Manager role reports directly to the Project Director of Little Scientists, based in Sydney, and is responsible:
- In conjunction with the Project Director, to implement the business development plan and to deliver on agreed sales objectives and targets;
- To identify and acquire new local network partnerships with early education organisations using the sales pipeline process;
- To negotiate agreements with these organisations;
- To build and inspire relationships with these organisations in collaboration with the account management team, encouraging them to adopt an inquiry-based approach to learning and deliver against agreed KPIs;
- In conjunction with the marketing & communications team, to develop and deliver presentations to the Australian education community as appropriate.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual who is looking for an opportunity to drive growth from within the Australian education community. The successful applicant will be:
- Passionate about the early childhood sector and want to make a sustainable impact on the education of young children across Australia,
- A strategic thinker with the ability to translate strategy into operational priorities and have a ‘can do’ attitude to build and expand the business,
- Expected to be available for reasonable travel within Australia.
The successful applicant will have:
- Outstanding relationship skills, with the ability to manage internal and external relationships;
- Resilience and confidence to work in a competitive environment;
- Proven experience of generating business income through community development;
- Ideally, sound knowledge of and a network within the Australian early childhood sector.
What is on offer:
- Very rewarding role as you will be able to have an impact on young children’s access to quality education and Australia’s future.
- We offer full-time work (with the opportunity to work part time for the right candidate).
- Flexible work conditions
- You will work in the heart of Sydney CBD, in an encouraging and ambitious work environment, with boutique, modern office spaces.
- Fixed annual salary of approx $80k plus super, depending on experience
- The role is for an initial 18 months’ contract which will be extended upon successful delivery of sustainable funding.
About the Organisation
Little Scientists is a not-for-profit initiative of FROEBEL Australia Limited, funded and supported by the Australian Government, with the aim to provide young children at early education and care services across Australia with hands-on, age-appropriate educational experiences in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). By offering a range of training and program modules the initiative empowers early childhood professionals to actively include relevant content in their educational work and to contribute to children’s educational journey by fostering curious, critical thinking, problem-solving and resilient individuals. The initiative requires the engagement of local network partners who deliver the Little Scientists program to services within their local communities. These partners are geographically located across Australia and include long day care services, family day care services, after-school care programs, preschools and kindergartens as well as independent and religious schools, local and state governments.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0280800065
Email : email@example.com
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line:
Business Development Manager (Little Scientists) and attach your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for this role, addressing the skill set as specified. Please indicate your earliest start date.
Candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Only eligible applicants will be contacted by Little Scientists.
Application closes on 3 March 2018 (noting that interviews may commence earlier for the right candidate).
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.